National Fire Prevention Week this year is October 3rd to October 9th, falling at the perfect time to schedule your annual fire safety inspection. As the seasons change, there can be issues that pop up with your sprinkler systems. Regular maintenance of your fire safety equipment will save you thousands in prevented damage.
Schedule Your Fire Safety Inspection Ahead of Time
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company offers monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual inspection agreements. Regular inspections are recommended for all fire safety equipment. Dry sprinklers may have accumulated moisture that could freeze. Wet sprinklers could be leaking or not have water pressure. Special hazard fire suppression systems contain substances that that are fragile. We have created an emergency fire sump team that will respond in a timely manner. Contact us today about ensuring your business’s fire safety for National Fire Prevention Week.
Tips for Fire Prevention
Even with regular inspections, accidents happen. National Fire Prevention Week is an excellent opportunity to go over fire safety with your staff. Here are some tips for fire prevention:
- Run fire drills regularly. The best way to be prepared for an emergency is by practicing what will happen in that emergency. Run through different scenarios and create a buddy system.
- Treat every alarm as an actual event. Do not broadcast drill times or dates. Fires aren’t scheduled, neither should the drill be to practice how to survive them.
- Tailor fire drills to your building and business. Your fire drills should acknowledge the specific obstacles your building has. Certain structures, like high-rise buildings, are more susceptible to fire catastrophes because of their architecture. Businesses with flammable property or equipment should run specific fire safety tutorials on them.
- Go over fire exits and manual fire alarms. A big part of fire safety is knowing where your exits and manual fire alarms are. Pulling the manual fire alarm will notify emergency services and trigger your sprinkler system if not.
- Regular inspections. The most crucial part of fire prevention is ensuring your fire safety systems are in working condition.
- Managers should always have an accurate head count for each day. Fire responders will not stop looking and it endangers them when continually looking for someone who is actually sick at home.
- Each floor should have a Floor Captain. This designated person is responsible for the head count when everyone reaches their respective meeting area.
- A meeting area should be part of every floor’s fire plan. In an emergency, it is essential that all building occupants know where to go once evacuated.
- Be sure to leave everything behind, do not go back for purses and keys. Never go back inside to retrieve something you forgot.
Contact Chesapeake Sprinkler Company Today!
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company is a leading fire sprinkler contractor in the region, which is now a 100% employee-owned (ESOP) company. As a full-service fire protection company, we offer design, fabrication, installation, testing, maintenance, and inspection of fire protection systems. Everything you need from your fire suppression specialist.
For more information, please email or call our Odenton location at 410-674-7041, our Ashburn location at 703-729-5150, or for service / maintenance Chesapeake Protection Services at 410-674-7577. For emergencies, call 800-298-3473 (FIRE). Feel free to keep in touch through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!