As a business owner, you must prioritize fire safety, particularly if you run a restaurant. Your restaurant operation can pose several fire hazards, which can endanger the lives of your employees and patrons. Therefore, it is crucial to take all necessary precautions to ensure that your restaurant is safe from fire hazards. Here are some fire safety considerations that you should keep in mind as a restaurant owner or manager.
Indoor Fire Safety Tips
As a restaurant owner, there are many ways you can make your establishment fire-safe. Here are some areas to consider when it comes to indoor dining:
- Hood and Duct Cleaning Services: It is crucial to keep your restaurant fire-safe by availing of hood and duct cleaning services. As per NFPA 96 regulations, this service is mandatory. A greasy and filthy hood and duct system poses a significant fire risk, so hiring a professional to clean it regularly is necessary.
- Kitchen Fire Suppression Services: Your kitchen is the most prone to fires. Keeping your kitchen hood and duct clean is crucial to have correctly installed and regularly maintained fire suppression systems in place to defend against potential kitchen fires.
- Fire Doors: Fire doors are an essential safety feature that provides protection against fire and allows people to exit the building in case of a fire outbreak. Under local and state regulations, fire doors must be installed in commercial and residential buildings. Ensure that your fire doors are always in compliance with the rules and functioning correctly to ensure maximum safety.
- Safety Signage: Ensure the safety of your employees and customers by displaying clear exit signs in your restaurant.
Outdoor Fire Safety Tips
Here are some outdoor dining safety aspects to consider to ensure your restaurant keeps customers and employees safe:
- Space Heaters :If your restaurant has space heaters placed outside around the dining tables and seating areas of your patio, it is important to ensure that the cords are properly positioned to avoid tripping hazards. Additionally, you should consider the proximity of the Co2 detectors to the space heaters, and take necessary precautions to prevent any potential fire or burn risks.
- Outdoor Seating Easily Accessible and Walkable: It is crucial to ensure easy accessibility of the outdoor dining area and free movement for the customers to and from their seats.
- Fire Extinguishers Available Outside: It is essential to have fire extinguishers not just inside the restaurant but also within reach of any outdoor dining fires that may occur and require the use of a fire extinguisher for putting them out.
Contact Chesapeake Sprinkler Company Today!
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company is a leading fire sprinkler contractor in the region, which is now a 100% employee-owned (ESOP) company. As a full-service fire protection company, we offer design, fabrication, installation, testing, maintenance, and inspection of fire protection systems—everything you need from your fire suppression specialist.
For more information, please email or call our Odenton location at 410-674-7041, our Ashburn location at 703-729-5150, or for service/maintenance Chesapeake Protection Services at 410-674-7577. For emergencies, call 800-298-3473 (FIRE). Feel free to keep in touch through Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!